Thursday, August 16, 2007

My opinion on Max Kay

So my one reader has posted one question. Good start.

When a was a bit younger, I often considered that I would like a career in politics. I consider myself to be a reasonable conversationalist and have strong opinions about many things. It was only later that I discovered, that to be in politics you need to talk as little as possible to avoid issues and have no opinion about anything but the polls. So I then decided that this career would not be for me. Although I still harbour a desire to change the system and still enjoy seeing Pauline Hanson on the tube telling me about Muslim terrorism and how all people except redheads are evil. In reality I think you will find the opposite is true!

When I considered a position in politics though, I always considered the federal level only. Sure there is a need for state governments to handle some issues, but nobody really cares. You wouldn't have believed my surprise when I discovered that there is an even lower level of government!

I also grew up in the sunny Sydney suburb of Cronulla (I wonder of Pauline Hanson has ever been there) and had during my formative years heard of far away lands where people still had simple country lives. This place was known as Perth. I never imagined I would even make a trip to this overgrown country town or even that they required government consideration, just a crazy sheriff and a deputy that did all the real work should be all that was required. Well to my shock and horror, I actually moved to this zany side of the country and found out that people here believe that they are actually living in a 'city' and believe that the rest of the country finds them somehow relevant enough to have both state and local governments. I mean, what can the mayor of Perth possibly have to do with his day except complain about the heat like every other bogan does?

To make things worse, the lowest level also have the most ridiculous fashion sense in their leaders. What is the deal with all those Mr. T necklaces? Even the Queen of bloody England has gotten over wearing her crap around when she can avoid it. But not our Max Kay. He remains photogenic and proud behind his pile of shining crud and robes. I have seen him a few times on 'sweet and sour' though. He seems an alright bloke.

7 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

A former Shire dweller eh?

I'm a Saints fan, believe it or not.

BTW - you only just squeezed ol' Maxy into your opinion piece, but well done.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Spud Mack said...

I had you pegged as a Bronco's fan for sure being the banana bender that you are.

Believe it or not, I too am a saints fan. Just love the red and white really.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Please, Mr Spud, please tell me your opinion on cemeteries.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Well c'mon. Cemetry us!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Hey, that Mr Potato Head Spud of yours looks a lot like Earl, of My Name Is fame.

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think that so Grumpy, you obviously don't have a 2yr old that likes Toy Story.... or "Buzz Lightyear" as it is better known. There is actually a great scene in the first movie with Mr Potato Head in it... it's a classic

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

How about leaving a comment on MY blog, you brazen hussy of a blog-skipper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home