Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My opinion on the first ever sandwhich.....I was just considering what was in the first ever sandwhich made (which I assume would have been for the Earl of Sandwhich). My guess would have been roast beef. A work colleague has suggested it would have been roast lamb. We both agree that it probably would have been meat but my colleague believes lamb was far more prevalent in ye olde times. But it was for an Earl, surely he could have afforded the luxury of dead cow. Maybe we will never know.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

I saw on that 'worst jobs in history' show tonight that even Henry XIII used to scoff teh odd bit of horse - and he had somebody to wipe his anus for him.

Based on this, I'm betting the Earl's first sandwich was made from grasshopper dung.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying (for some strange reason) to visualise how someone would wipe his anus... Did he bend forward at the waist allowing for an easy operation or was he squatting at the time, this would be much trickier... hmm better get that out of my mind, go check out Nikki Webster again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home