Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just for the record, I ran the city to surf on the weekend with the little-red-haired girl. Overall we were quite pleased with our time of 1hr 15mins.

And we only cheated by cutting one corner as well, saving at least 20 metres!!

My favourite part though is tossing the little plastic cups over my shoulder after a drink station. It is good to pretend to be the deek.

Mimicing the actions of Australian of the Year is fun. Next year I think I might try to create a spray on skin for burns victims.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

I have the honour of once having given Deek a grant. Or was that a Deek to Grant? Either way, I was honoured.

I love how Deek introduced the bushman's hanky to Australian running while competing in the 1982 Commonwealth Games - something I also did, incidentally.

Compete that is. Not as an athlete, but against Salisbury State High School as a banner-waving kid in front of 60,000 bamboozled Brisbanites.

Ettinghau, keep up the good work, Spud.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Spud Mack said...

That is quite a rambling old-man kind of story.

Well done to you!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Well, he is quite the rambling old man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home