Friday, August 18, 2006

As most West Australian's would be well aware, there is a significant skills shortage in this state, making the requirements for employment a little lower than many employers would hope for. That however does not excuse the following lines in a cover letters I recently received.

"...I am writing to introduce myself and hope you will consider my application i've always been interested but how ever no experience but i hope thats want stop you." ..I don't think your experience is the main issue here. Punctuation would however be appreciated.

"My earlier job has been exciting, and I'm sure the next opportunity will hold even more promise." More exciting than Bakers delight?

"I'd appreciate your thoughts and ideas...." Some how, I am not sure that you would.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey spud, what positon are you trying to fill? my sister is in the job market, and she is punctual, articulate and a much better grammaticist than me. I wil pass on your details. Oh and she makes great coffee too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home