Monday, October 30, 2006

At least the police can't trace me

A current theme amongst a few blogs, is the questions "What's the worst thing a sibling has done to you?"

Being the youngest of three boys, I could spend the rest of my blogging life writing answers to this question, but I best narrow the field down to just one.*

Whilst holidaying with the family in Tasmania, we stayed at a very nice little cottage with an open fire-place. It was all very quaint and loving, unlike my brothers. Let me set the scene, I took my evening shower as probably directed by mother (I have never been fond of washing). When I returned to the main room, the brothers were sitting down by the fire. They asked me to come over and play a game with them. Desperate to be liked and accepted, like all younger siblings, I agreed like a fool, that a game sounded lovely. Maybe we would play Uno, maybe eye-spy. Alas, we played neither. Now, I am particularly partial to money, always have been (in fact, I can remember admiring 'Alex' from the show growing pains for being such a penny-pincher). So the brothers pointed to three rocks sitting in front of us and told me that under one of these rocks was a dollar coin, if I selected the correct rock I could take the money. Playing on my weaknesses you see. But there was actually no money under any of them.

That doesn't sound too horrible I can hear you think, well, whilst I had been off showering, the brothers had actually placed all three rocks in the fireplace for around the 20 minutes that I had been off and had only just scooped them out with the little shovel and lined them up in a row. Burnt the skin clean off my fingers to their amusement.

On the positive though, when mum found out, she insisted that each of them had to each pay me a dollar. I probably didn't stop smiling for a week!

* Other incidents of note that are not included but deserve honourable mention as follows:

1. Asking an 80-year old lady if she has ever had an orgasm
2. Tying me by the neck to my bed whilst they went and had breakfast and only untying me on their return
3. Breaking my tooth out at the gum
4. Putting me in a wheelie bin and pushing me down the street

Still, I wouldn't have any other brothers than those two.

3 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Spud, I checked with a policeman: they can trace you.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Spud Mack said...

Also, I think it was actually Alex from Family Ties, not Growing Pains.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Ah yes, Alex. She was hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home