Monday, November 10, 2008

New post....yay

So on Friday, my firm which employs(ed) about 45 people, decide it right to let about 10 of them go due to the financial crisis. Have you heard about that? Speak to Kochie if you haven't. Well anyway, One of the girls let go is the daughter of a good friend who I was meeting, as well as about 25 other blokes, at the pub Friday night (It was a football club catch-up and a good chance to get away from the women folk). To be fair, he was completely kind about the whole thing, even though I felt like a turd.

So I had about 10 pints of beer to calm the old nervous system. It is not a cool position to be telling people that their job no longer exists after all the time they have put in (you become as popular as a midget gynaecologist....not sure why they are unpopular but I dont think they would do much business for some reason). It makes you feel like a right arse actually. So most of the guys started leaving by around 10:30 for other places and I was nearly on my way home, when a friend who had been in Toronto for about 2 years showed up unexpectedly. He had only just flown in that day. Of course, I had to have another few after that.

All compliments must go to the little-red-haired girl though, who not only did not complain about me arriving home at 3 in the morning, but had ordered 2 large pizza's and left them out for me. The next morning I woke with a hangover and only 1 hour to go before I was due to start bidding on a home auction* to the pretty girl telling me "I knew you wouldn't have dinner, so thought you might like some pizza when you get home". If I had of known marriage would have been like this I would have done it years ago!

*More on this story in a later post...I promise to get to it before June next year.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Hey! Thanks for your input on my post today. You really clarified things for me.

Sounds like you've got yourself a good girl, there!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Oooh, Spud, you've done well for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home