Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tea lady

There has been some talk recently about practical jokes that have been played. I must admit, I do love a good practical joke and I am actually quite good at creating and delivering the necessary evilness to do so. But growing up as the youngest of three boys, I think it is fair to say that for most of my early life, I was on the wrong end of the joke. That however takes nothing away from the magnificence of some of the work the elderly duo accomplished.

My favourite (and I can still recall the exact situation to this day) occured when I would just a wee fellow of I am guessing 5 years old. My eldest brother's basketball team had made it to the state championships and my family and the team were travelling about 5 hours by train from Sydney to Albury for the competition. All of the kids (including myself) had of course left our parents to wonder the train, no doubt after I cried to my parents that they wouldn't let me tag along. It was then that they all spotted this little old lady on the train who must have been at least 90. My brothers took it upon themselves to hatch a plan so all their mates can laugh along.

They convinced me to approach the lady and ask her if she has ever had a "cup of tea", which to a five year old is a perfectly reasonable question (even the 90 year old would be alright with the idea I figured). However, and here is the gag, they told me that there was a special word that old ladies use for tea, so I should ask her if she has ever had one of those.

I will never forget the look on the poor ladies face when I asked her.........








Excuse me - Have you ever had an erection?

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Nice! I suspect this wasn't the only thing the duo got you to do.

What did she say?

BTW, I might have been poking you a little about Australia to see if you were paying attention. Happy Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home