Thursday, December 11, 2008

Movember

Movember in australia is both the greatest and worst time of the year. Why? Because nearly every man (and indeed a number of women) grow as big a moustache as possible for a month and if there is one thing I enjoy, it is growing a mo'. The idea being that you must be clean shaven as at 1 November and the rest is left up to your artistic interpretation.

The bad part : Thanks to the Irish heritage, my mo' is very poor at growing either quickly or without chunks missing from it. So I end up each year with some cobbled together coverage that by the time I reach the end of the month has most people calling me 'Sanchez' and asking me for peso's.

However it is all in for a good cause and I was able to raise nearly $500 for research in to prostate cancer (which I may add is a more common cancer than breast cancer). But to ensure the ladies are missing out on their own moment in the sun, a few of the girls I know will be taking part in Fanuary.

If any Americans need to know more about this I will be happy to explain further.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Moe Wanchuk said...

Hey Spud...I'm Irish too and I can't grow a mustache for sh*t!
All the guys at work are doing it for some big bet, but they can't even tell that I'm growing one too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home