Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Favourite People

I have for a long time valued quality moments in front of the tv screen. Spending days and weeks just staring at the idiot box as faces come and go. Some are good, some are bad. But it takes a truly fantastic character to stay on the tube for a generation.


So let me tell all of my faithful readers out there about a very special man. Starting broadcasting all the way back in 1977, there has been one true great of sports journalism and presenting in this country. And just one mention of his name eludes memories of heroics, goals and complicated Eastern European names (but NEVER poetry).


Australia and Hungary's own LES MURRAY. Never has there been a greater Australian!


2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Spud Mack said...

In fact, this Les Murray is officially an Australian Living Treasure.

I for one cannot think of another Les Murray with the same honorary distinction.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Poetry comes in many forms, Spudder. Some may say that this man is a poet of sorts. I wouldn't say it, but some may.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home